Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 4- Putting the Past Behind



    This morning we head back to the same government building to finalize the Chinese part of the adoption from that point on she is officially in China's eyes our child. I don't really want her going back nor seeing people from the orphanage. We are in such a good place this morning I hate to loose ground and have her get worked up repeating what I perceive as a traumatic experience moving away from the people from the orphanage. At this moment I just want to move forward and lock her last four years behind all of us.


    My concerns were all for naught as the finalization went very well. Fact is those four years I wanted to lock in the past will be important to Ella and will always hold a place in our lives and as with many things I am learning during this journey my initial thoughts and feelings sometime turn out to be incorrect and I wish we had more time to get to know the caretakers from the orphanage, verse my thoughts at breakfast today.
    The highlight of the morning was a bit emotional as the older woman from the orphanage presented Ella a beautiful little silver bracelet. Something of a tradition families give newborns at birth. We all lost emotional control at that moment. Such a simple beautiful gift, a symbol of birth, that hopefully Ella will have forever to reflect back on as she begins her new life with us.
     The time came to say goodbyes to these wonderful people who cared for Ella for past four years. Ella hugged her nanny but quickly moved on to waving bye-bye and chasing me around with big smiles.


     So many laughs this morning and running around playing. She's been so fun and at lunch ate a huge bowl of fried rice and used her first English word "More" with signs too. Guess what? Yep Dawn and I lost control of emotions again. Such a small thing so soon really rocked us hard.

                                                    The quiet of nap time. Peaceful sleep for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment